On-Boarding & Student Success Strategy
Campus & Community Events
- Academic & Career Exploration (ACE) Day
- Navigation Caravan – Coming soon!
- Navigate Home: Begin Here
- Open Houses
- Student Success on the Move – Coming soon!
Transferring To Rowan-Cabarrus
Transferring From Rowan-Cabarrus
College Transfer Programs at Rowan-Cabarrus
- UNC System Transfer Guides, Course Equivalencies & Scholarships
- NC Independent Colleges & Universities
Grant, Research, & Scholarship Opportunities
College Visits to Rowan-Cabarrus
For questions, concerns, & appeals, contact Jenn Selby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Admission Requirements for International Students
Thank you for your interest in attending Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. Please visit the programs of study part of the catalog to view information about your particular program of interest then complete the online admission application.
Rowan-Cabarrus provides educational opportunities for individuals who may not be citizens or residents of our regional service area. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. Non-immigrant students will be accepted to begin classes in the Fall semester only. To be considered for admission, an international student must present to the Director of Admissions the following information:
- A completed application, received no later than June 15 of the admission year.
- Forward a certified copy of his/her official high school diploma, transcript from all high schools and post-secondary institutions attended and an official U.S. educational evaluation of the documents. All educational records must be translated and evaluated by a reputable U.S. evaluation agency.
- All financial documents must be originals. The college requires an official bank statement, notarized letter of support or sponsor bank statement showing that at least $20,500 (U.S. dollars) are available for tuition, fees, books and living expenses for one academic year. If there is no sponsor, an original and official document that shows the student has sufficient funds on deposit to support his or her tenure as a student ($20,500 a year in U.S. dollars).
- A minimum score of 500 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), a minimum score of 173 on the computerized version, or a minimum Internet Based Test (IBT) score of Reading 17, Listening 17, Speaking 16, and Writing 16. If any single score falls below the minimum, the IBT will not be considered. All scores must be received as official documents. TOEFL test scores must be within 2 years of the date of admission.
- After all required documentation has been received by the deadline, and after approval by the Director of Admissions, the applicant may be issued his or her I-20.
- After the applicant has received the appropriate visa allowing him or her to enter the U.S., he or she must present evidence of medical insurance coverage prior to registration.
Rowan-Cabarrus does not have scholarship or loan funds for international students available at this time. The college does not provide dormitory facilities.
All International transcripts must be evaluated and translated by a NACES approved international education evaluation organizations. Course by course evaluations are required. Rowan-Cabarrus prefers that you use SpanTran. Visit the SpanTran website for more information about their service.