Records & Registration

Student Records & Responsibility

Student Responsibility to Request Update to Student Record

The Records office maintains your student record. It is however, the students responsibility to update any changes to their contact information (i.e. phone numbers, address, program change). It is the students responsibility to assure that all requirements and courses for which you are registered meet graduation requirements for your program of study. For these reasons, students are encouraged to check their records periodically, especially prior to registration for their last semester. Your student information can be viewed on your profile by logging into “My Navigator” account.

  1. Name Change – Use the Name Change Form when requesting a Name Change. The Records Office will accept the form by hand delivery or by mail to: Student Records, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, PO Box 1595, Salisbury, NC 28145. Please read carefully and provide all documentation required when submitting the form to Student Records.
  2. Contact information (Address & Phone Number)  If you are requesting the college update your address or phone number, please log into your My Navigator account and select “Web Address Change”. When submitted, your request will be received and processed through the Records Office. You may log in to your My Navigator account after 3-5 business days to view your student academic profile and confirm the information is accurate. If you have questions please contact us at 704-216-7222.
  3. Program Add/Change – Use the Request to Add Additional Program form to add a program of study or major.

Enrollment Status (Academic Load)

Average full-time enrollment for most students will vary between 15 and 18 hours of credit. Students who wish to carry more than 21 credit hours must have prior approval from the Chief Officer of Student Success & Service Excellence unless their curriculum requirements, as stated in the catalog, require more than 21 hours in a particular semester. Course schedules and course loads should be carefully planned through consultation with a counselor and approved by the student’s faculty advisor.

Note: The NC General Assembly has set tuition and registration fees on a “per credit hour” basis with a maximum charge for 16 credit hours.

  • A full-time student is one who is enrolled in 12 more semester hours of credit in the fall or spring semesters and 9 credit semester hours of credit in the summer term.
  • A part-time student is one who is enrolled in less than twelve semester hours of credit in fall or spring semesters and less than 9 semester hours of credit for summer term.
  • A special credit student is one who is enrolled in a credit course, but is not working toward a degree, diploma or certificate.

For financial aid purposes only, a full-time student is 12 semester credits or more for each semester.