Student & Tutor Expectations
We would like to welcome you to the Virtual Tutoring Center and hope that you will find your time spent with us helpful and rewarding. We do ask that you keep the following in mind while utilizing our services.
Tutors expect that you will…
- Come prepared with all necessary materials (i.e. class notes, assignment guidelines, textbooks, writing drafts, flash drive, calculator, etc.).
- Be an active participant in the tutoring session.
- Be as specific as possible about what you are hoping to achieve in the tutoring session. Ask questions and listen to suggestions.
- Attempt your homework on your own before bringing it to a tutor to help; a tutor cannot do your work for you.
- Be patient and considerate as we continue to operate under a virtual environment. Make sure to email us at email@example.com or your tutor if you have problems accessing the meeting.
- Only schedule a meeting you know you can attend and be punctual. Quickly notify your tutor or the Center if you cannot attend.
- Understand that more than two (2) unexcused no-shows per semester may result in losing access to RCCC Virtual Tutoring. Tutor.com will remain available.
Students can expect that tutors will…
- Be punctual, supportive, and professional
- Answer questions to the best of their abilities
- Work WITH you but not FOR you
- Be knowledgeable about other available resources to assist you
- Set clear expectations about the session and encourage you to be an independent learner
- Offer a positive attitude and be respectful of your diverse perspective and learning style
- NOT correct your homework, projects, take-home exams, or math labs. They will provide useful comments and suggestions to help foster independent learning.
- NOT try to predict what your grade will be on your assignments and cannot speak for your instructor. Please ask your instructor for any clarification on an assignment or a grade.
*We are here to support you in your educational endeavors in any way possible. Please email to the Director of Tutoring Services, Deanna Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions or concerns.