Veterans Education & Training Services

Rowan-Cabarrus VETS Cadence

From Military to College

Making the transition from military life to academia can sometimes be a challenge. We’re here to help. View our enrollment process to familiarize yourself with our step-by-step guide, designed to ensure your success at Rowan-Cabarrus.

We have an array of programs and services to help local veterans and their families achieve their academic and personal goals. If you’re a veteran, see how we can provide you with the educational and personal support you need to connect with the various financial resources available to fund your education.

VETS Cadence

Complete Application

If you have any questions, or are unsure if you have previously completed the admissions application, contact the Navigation Station at 704-216-7222. Please make sure you review the Admissions Process.

Submit official transcripts

  • Submit official high school or any other college transcripts to our Records office.
  • Request that your military transcript be sent to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.

Apply for VA Educational Benefits

Applying will start the process of receiving VA Educational Benefits and allow you to compare benefit chapters (if eligible for more than one), explain payouts and walk you through setting up direct deposit. Contact the VA Call Center at 888-442-4551 if you need help or have questions.

Complete FAFSA to Apply for Other Financial Aid Assistance

We recommend that all students apply for financial aid. To begin the process, you should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Please visit the Financial Aid website or contact the Navigation Station for additional information.


You must complete an application for admission prior to testing. Schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER placement test (English, Reading and Math). Make sure to checkout our Testing Center website for more information.

You may be exempt from testing if you meet any of the following criteria and provide an official transcript for evaluation:

  • Graduated from a public high school within the last five years with an unweighted GPA of 2.6 or higher and obtained passing grades in Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry and a fourth higher-level math.
  • Completed transferable college-level coursework in English and math with a grade of  “C” or better.
  • Received an associate degree or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
  • Completed ACT or SAT within the past five years.

Advising Center

You are strongly encouraged to attend a GPS (Goals, Planning and Success) Session. GPS Sessions are for new students and designed to assist you in charting the way through your desired program, establishing goals and pathways that will lead to academic success and ultimately graduation. To schedule an appointment.

Register for Classes

Use WebAdvisor to self-register for classes or come to a scheduled WebAdvisor Support Session. Please visit our Records & Registration website for registration details and dates.