Financial Aid Essentials
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Aid Facts
- Students who wish to purchase books may do so through the online bookstore. This only applies to students with remaining financial aid funds after tuition and fees have been paid.
- Refunds are disbursed approximately 6 weeks after classes begin to your selected BankMobile refund preference. For more information, visit the BankMobile FAQ page or Refund Choices page.
- 12 credit hours = full time, 9-11 credit hours = ¾ time, 6-8 credit hours = ½, 1-5 credit hours = less than ½. Your financial aid will be awarded based on these hours. *The NC Community College Grant pays additional funding for 15 credit hours. 15=Full time plus, 12-14=Full time, 9-11 =3/4 time, 6-8 = 1/2 time. State grants require at least 6 credit hours to receive any funding.
- Minimester classes will not be paid any financial aid until AFTER the class has begun and attendance is verified.
- In-state tuition= $76.00 per credit hour and out-of state tuition= $268.00 per credit hour. Students are responsible for any remaining tuition balance. Tuition is subject to change.
- A 100% refund shall be made if the student drops the class prior to the first day of the semester. A 75% refund shall be made if the student drops the class on or after the first day of the semester and prior to or on the official 10% point of the semester as published in the academic calendar. Refunds will not be made after this date. Students are encouraged to verify awards prior to registration to avoid financial penalties.
- Federal financial aid recipients who withdraw from class, stop attending, drop out, or are dismissed/suspended from class prior to completing 60% (35% for state grants) of the semester will owe a repayment to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
- Financial aid will be limited to 30 developmental (courses numbered less than 100- ex. ENG 090) hours.
- Students must be enrolled in an associate degree, qualifying diploma or qualifying certificate program.
- Pell Grant is limited to a lifetime limit of up to six full-time years (600%) which is equal to 12 full-time semesters. To check your eligibility, you can log onto the Federal Student Aid website and use your Federal Student Aid ID to view your LEU (Lifetime Eligibility Used).
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA in addition to completing 67% of their coursework each semester.
- Students must complete their degree within 150% of the published length of their degree. For instance, if the published length of an academic program is 60 credit hours, the maximum eligibility time frame cannot exceed 90 credit hours (60 x 150%= 90).