Welcome to Summer 2023!
Announcements & Updates
- Summer 2023 Term Information: Summer Term begins Monday, May 22, 2023 for 8-week and the first 4-week terms. Please see catalog for the list of Art & Design courses being offered summer term.
- Fall 2023 Term: Classes begin August 14th for 16-week and first 8-week terms.
Summer Contact Information: For all questions and concerns regarding the Department of Art & Design, please contact Jenn Gardner Selby (Program Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (704) 216-3820. Building: North Campus N107.
Welcome to the Department of Art & Design!
The Department of Art & Design prepares our students for professional work in visual arts and graphic design. Our department focuses on integrating theory and practice and offering hands-on practical learning while bringing together a variety of perspectives, experiences, and real-world education to provide opportunities for student success. We invite you to experience our unique and collaborative programs!
The Department of Art & Design is based in the N107 Building on North Campus! All full-time faculty offices are located in suite N107. Many ART and GRD classes will be taught in building N107, so be sure to check the location of your scheduled classes.
Additional ART classes on North Campus are taught in rooms 202 and 106 in building N103 and room 111 and in building N106, and on South Campus ART and GRD courses are taught in room 303 in building S203.
The mission of the Department of Art & Design is to provide a strong foundation in the visual arts and graphic design whereby students learn skills, vocabulary, and professional proficiencies necessary for transfer and employment, and to provide general education courses in the visual and performing arts for non-majors.
The vision of the Department of Art & Design is to develop creativity and critical thinking in order to strengthen student success through the power of learning.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Department of Art & Design is to promote the visual arts and graphic design at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and within the surrounding service area.
The Department of Art & Design serves three (3) primary functions at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. These functions are:
- Offer the AFA-VA (Associate in Fine Arts in Visual Arts) degree program
- Offer the AGD (AAS: Advertising and Graphic Design) degree and certificate programs
- Provide General Education for students from across the college, including:
- Offer six (6) Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) courses for all transfer students
- Offer General Education and Elective courses with ART-, DRA-, GRD-, and MUS- prefixes
- Offer Arts and Cultural experiences for students
About the Department of Art & Design
Congratulations to Faculty Nieko NcDaniel for his inclusion and participation in McColl Center's 3rd Annual Benefit Art Auction! Auction dates are May 5 - 12. Please check out this page to see Nieko's work and learn how to participate in the auction. We are so proud...
April 26, 2023 was the opening for the Graphic Design Portfolio Exhibition. It was held in the Bridge Gallery in the Art & Design Building on North Campus, N107 and showcased the work of Portfolio Design students in the A.A.S in Advertising and Graphic Program at...
Congratulations to our Advertising and Graphic Design Students who participated in the SkillsUSA Competition yesterday, April 19, 2023. We took home five medals and three plaques this year! We are so proud of you! Leah Phillips - 2nd Place in Pin Design Bethany Moore...