Registration & Tuition
Graduation Ceremony Etiquette
It is our desire that your graduation ceremony reflect the honor, respect, and dignity of this important day. In keeping with these goals, we ask that you observe the following guidelines.
- All participants are expected to follow Rowan-Cabarrus Community College behavior standards.
- Cell phones and any other electronic devices must be silenced during the ceremony.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn under your academic gown (e.g. dark slacks, dark dress or skirt, dark shoes). Long pants are appropriate.
- Unauthorized attachments to caps or gowns are not allowed.
- Balloons or other items cannot be carried during the ceremony.
- No unauthorized attachments to your cap or gown are allowed.
- Appropriate stoles and chords may only be worn by members of Phi Theta Kappa, Sigma Alpha Pi, M.I.S.T.E.R., Student Nurses Association, and Phi Beta Lambda.
- No alcoholic beverages, weapons, noise-making devices, glass bottles, cans, beach balls and other inflatable items.
- Every graduate has worked hard to earn this day and we ask that guests be respectful of graduates and other guests..
Tassels and Caps
- Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap and shifted to the the left side after conferment.
- Men will remove caps for the Invocation (opening prayer), and the Benediction (closing prayer) and put them back on immediately at the end of each prayer.