Virtual Tutoring – Fall 2020
The Tutoring Centers on all campuses will be closed indefinitely as the College is taking precautionary measures regarding the coronavirus situation. Rowan-Cabarrus staff tutors will still be available remotely to meet with students one-on-one. You can access our tutors and their schedules by visiting the Tutoring-Center course under My Courses in Blackboard. Detailed written instructions for tutoring remotely will be available there. A written guide and a video tutorial are included below. Please email email@example.com with any immediate questions or concerns.
How to decide which kind of virtual tutoring you need.
Meeting Spaces with RCCC Tutors
As of March 23, our tutors have been available online through the Meeting Spaces link in the Tutoring Center course in Blackboard. There is no limit to tutoring hours in Meeting Spaces, so we encourage students to use that before signing on to the Tutor.com service.
We are very excited to offer 24/7 online tutoring service provided by Tutor.com available to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students. To get connected to a live tutor, go to the Blackboard class site for which you need tutoring, select Course Tools from the menu on the left-hand side of the page, and select the Tutor.com link. Students now have the option of connecting to a tutor with voice-chat capabilities.
Each Rowan-Cabarrus curriculum student is given 7 hours of online tutoring at the beginning of each semester. If more time is needed, please contact Deanna Dixon. Additional time will be awarded on an as needed basis one time per semester.
Tutor.com connects you with expert online tutors who can help you with:
- Math — Basic Math, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Advanced Statistics, Trigonometry, Finite Math, Discrete Math, Symbolic Logic, Linear Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, Quantitative Methods
- Science — General Science, Earth Science, Biology, Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Physical Science
- Business — Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Law, Management, Medical Coding
- English — Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar, Literature – Including real-time writing help
- Social Sciences — US History, World History, Government, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
- Nursing — Medical-Surgical, Nursing Care Plans, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Advanced Writing, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Allied Health, Healthcare Administration, Health Services, Evidence-Based Practice, Epidemiology, Clinical Assessment, Clinical Management, Acute Care, Primary Care
- Foreign Language — Spanish, French
- Computer Science & Programming — Introductory Computer Science, C++, Java, Web Design (HTML, CSS PHP), Python, Database Systems (SQL), Microsoft Systems (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access)
You also have access to educational tools and study resources such as:
- Study tools and lessons
- Test prep materials
- Instructional videos
The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled PC or Mac, and even from your smartphone or tablet. As long as you have access to the Internet, you will have access to a tutor when and where you need one.
To get connected to a live tutor: The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device by signing on to Blackboard. Once logged in, Tutor.com can be accessed through each of your Blackboard classes by selecting “Course Tools” in the course menu and selecting Tutor.com. Once selected, you will be connected to a landing page where you can select the subject and view the remaining minutes you have left available to you for the semester. Please do not use the link in Course Tools from one class to receive tutoring for another.