Supplying Transcripts for Admission to Rowan-Cabarrus

Submitting a High School Transcript

Provide official transcripts of your previous education. An official transcript is in a sealed envelope, has an embossed seal or original signature, and is usually mailed directly to Rowan-Cabarrus from the institution. A high school transcript will have the graduation date posted on it. Unofficial transcripts (transcripts which have been opened or faxed) are not acceptable. Contact the guidance/registrar’s office of your high school (and any college) you have attended and request that they send an official transcript of your work to:

Office of the Registrar, Division of Student Success
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
P.O. Box 1595
Salisbury, North Carolina, 28145-1595

Some North Carolina public high schools have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts when you apply online. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.

To send an electronic transcript, you must complete the online application and make sure you have entered the following information in your profile and / or application

  • First and last name (this must match your NCWISE name, so use the name that appears on your report card or check with your high school counselor
  • NCWISE Student ID. Your NCWISE Student ID is your North Carolina public high school student identification number and is only applicable to North Carolina high school students. Providing the NCWISE Student ID is voluntary, but if you choose to provide it, it will give you the opportunity to request your high school transcript electronically.
  • Current high school (or high school at the time of graduation)
  • Date of birth
  • Email address
  • Gender

Also, to submit an electronic transcript, students must be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, in a public high school in North Carolina that has converted from the SIMS system to NCWISE to manage student data. If you are not sure about your school’s current status, or status at the time you graduated, check with your school counselor or office staff.

High school applicants should request official transcripts from their high school. Choose one of the following options for submitting your high school transcript to Rowan-Cabarrus.

  • If you did not request your high school transcript at the time of completing the CFNC Application for Admission, you may log in to your CFNC account and choose to have your high school transcript sent directly to Rowan-Cabarrus at no cost, and our office will receive it almost immediately.
  • Contact your high school and follow their procedures for requesting your transcript be sent to the Rowan-Cabarrus address indicated below.

Office of the Registrar, Division of Student Success
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
P.O. Box 1595
Salisbury, North Carolina, 28145-1595

Official transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically from the sending institution. Transcripts which have been opened, scanned, or faxed are not accepted. Mail transcripts to the address above.

Home School Students

Home-school graduates should have their Home-School administrator forward a copy of their official final high school transcript along with the Official Non-Public Home-School Registration Record to

The transcript should include:

  • The home school name, address and telephone number
  • Social Security number of the student (optional)
  • Titles of subjects completed by the student by school year (for each of those four years)
  • The numerical (or letter) grade and unit credit earned for each subject
  • Annual nationally standardized test scores
  • The month and year of high school graduation
  • Signature of the Chief Administrator and date of signature

Please note if a transcript is used for identification  purposes at the NC DMV, the transcript must have everything listed here for the transcript to be accepted for identification purposes.

If a student is academically gifted and has successfully mastered some traditional high school level courses prior to grade 9, those should be so noted on the transcript as having been taken in grade 8,7, etc.

Remember that the student may need a copy of his/her high school transcript many years after graduation. Copies of transcripts should  be maintained indefinitely.

Correspondence  and Online School Diplomas

Correspondence and online school diplomas will be accepted if they are regionally accredited or accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). Any other correspondence and online school diplomas will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

College and University Students

College and University student transferring to Rowan-Cabarrus or taking courses to transfer back to their home institution must submit an official transcript.  Please see Transferring College Coursework for Credit for more information.