Career & Academic Advising
Office of Accessibility
The Career and Academic Advising team will:
- Treat students in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner;
- Support student decision-making by providing accurate information regarding programs of study, program requirements, transfer options and college policies and procedures;
- Teach students to develop and implement educational plans that are compatible with their interests, abilities and lifestyles to promote student success;
- Assist students with identifying other college resources that can help them meet their academic and career goals; and
- Encourage students to become engaged members of the campus and community.
The team uses the following core values as a guide in the development and evaluation of our center’s goals and objectives.
- Mutual Respect
- Facilitate students’ exploration of interests, abilities and goals, and help students relate them to programs of study.
- Recommend and clarify programs of study based on student interests, abilities and priorities.
- Facilitate effective decision-making in students’ selection of program of study.
- Assist in the development of an educational plan that satisfies degree requirements.
- Recommend appropriate college resources to assist students in reaching their academic goals.
- Inform students of and clarify college policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate contact information for faculty mentor
- Research program of study thoroughly to ensure that it is compatible with educational and career goals.
- Make contact with appropriate faculty program chair.
- Keep a personal record of progress toward degree completion and organize official university documents in a way that is easily accessible for them.
- Seek and take advantage of resources that will enhance educational and career goals.
- Know the information contained in the College Catalog and Student Handbook.